Sunday, December 2

Loved Quote



I walk the line between the worlds,I am the last bit of black before the morning sunrise, I am the fire in the desert and the rain on the mountains. I am what has been and what has not yet come to pass, I am the fear in the voice of the mother. I have been called witch and seer, demon and possessed, beloved of and beloved by. I am the beaten woman and the cowering child, I am the knife in the throat and the blood from the vein. I am black trees against a fog-shrouded coast, I am the sailor and the shipwreck, I am the sound of the sea. I am the deep water and the river, I am the stones and the dead, I am the first, the middle and the last.
I am a woman, and I do not know my own heart. Fear me, for I fear who I will become. Respect me as you respect your dead, give me the honor and the ashes. I am the birth, the life and the death. I am maiden, mother and crone. I am she who gives and she who takes away.

Marlee Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words!